Thursday 25 February 2010

Making a Music Video

Using the video camera and starting to edit on the computer

The first part to make my music video is to video each part. So first I need a camera. I need to book my camera at least 24 hours beforehand to make sure it is charged and ready to go. Most of the videoing should take up about two full days. Once I have the camera I need to place in the tape. To place the tape inside the video camera I need to press the eject button which opens the case, when putting the tape in, the magnetic strip must be facing downwards. I need to place the tape in lightly as not to cause damage to the video camera itself. Then I push the ‘push’ button inwards to close the case. Before filming I need to make sure the tape has rewound to the beginning. To do this I need to flick the switch on to ‘play’ mode and then I can press the rewound button.
Once everything has been prepared I can start filming. Firstly I need to switch the button to ‘camera’ mode. To start recording I press the white button. However before I start filming my actual piece it needs to have a few moments to play and then the movements start. To do this properly I need to count down from ten out loud and then when I get to three I need to mime it so it doesn’t get captured on camera. To make sure the filming is steady I need a tripod, this help for when I need to turn and get a straight shot. A main priority is that the camera MUST start before the soundtrack is played. If I had to do a lot of moving around, it would be best to leave the tripod and use my arms by tucking my elbows into my stomach and have the camera flat on the palm of my hand. This gives it an even surface and it is easier to hold the camera steady. When everything has been videoed I need to download everything on to the computer and edit it. I need to open final cut express; save my music file into my folder and then bring all the video clips and the soundtrack on to Final cut express to edit everything. I need to remember to keep saving the process as I go along as to make sure I don’t lose any footage etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment